Sunday, June 6, 2010

Go Team!!!

Ok, seriously, I can't take any more of this shit.

One of my "friends" on Facebook just posted this as his profile picture:



...next to the status:

"1st Term Failure. That's what I HOPED for and it looks like it came true!!"

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?!?

Gee, dude, that's great that you're happy about an ecological disaster! So psyched that you proved your point!!!

I mean, come on. I thought Bush was a Category 5 dickwad, but I never thought — nevertheless DECLARED IN A PUBLIC FORUM — "Yes! The Ninth Ward is devastated! WOOHOO!!! W. FUCKED UP!!!"

Are people really this fucking obtuse? Are scientists working on a cure for this sort of stupidity yet?

UPDATE: This exchange just occurred a few comments down:

"Real American": And...how long we going to blame Bush. I've heard people trying to blame Bush for this oil disaster. It's a typical Obama supporter cop out....just blame Bush. Face it, out fearless leader is clueless and certainly has not delivered on his promises. Back door meetings, a NON-TRANSPARENT GOVERNMENT, debt beyond belief, a healthcare system that is sure to tank....shall I go on?????

Rebecca Godan: I'm not blaming Bush for the oil spill. That's just as ignorant an opinion as saying Obama's the one responsible for a national debt that's been growing out of control since the Reagan administration. And I'm not saying Obama's perfect. I'm saying his mishandling of the oil spill is equivalent to Bush's mishandling of Katrina. Don't pretend "your side" was never inept and ineffectual in the face of disaster. I mean, I thought Bush was a Category 5 dickwad, but I never thought "Yes! The Ninth Ward is devastated! So glad W. fucked up!" That attitude doesn't solve shit.

BeccaGo: Bravely fighting the losing battle...

UPDATE 2: And for those of you interested in torturing yourselves, here's the whole damn transcript:
File Under: Why Do I Bother?

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you all the way around and am frequently trapped in the same sort of soul-killing conversations with people 'round these parts.

    Explains why my forehead is so bruised these days--it's the banging my head against the wall for hours a day that does it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why you find this surprising...
    Take a look at politicians and journalists. You'll find many of them are motivated by same psychosis. To see the political opponent fail, no matter at what cost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I don't know why I bother trying to engage in intelligent discourse with these blockheads. And on Facebook, of all freakin' places. Just the vestiges of a vain hope for global sanity, I guess.

    Which reminds me, Dalia: YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO CHANGE HIS MIND ON ISRAEL! ESPECIALLY NOT ON TWITTER! GIVE UP NOW -- SAVE YOURSELF! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. NEVER SAY NEVER!!! :D

    As we say in Mexico:
    The last thing that dies is HOPE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, I always argue with smart people. Idiots are a waste of time.
    I rather engage into a discussion with an intelligent person, than agree with a stupid one. :)

    ReplyDelete