Thursday, June 10, 2010

You Can Add The Prefix "Glam" To Anything And Make It Sound Fabulous/Retarded

Yesterday I came up with this analogy:

Glamberts : GlamNation :: Neilists : DamnNation

"Neilists," like "nihilists" — get it??

...ok, here:

(from merriam-webster.com)
Nihilism:
1a: a viewpoint that traditional values and beliefs are unfounded and that existence is senseless and useless
1b: a doctrine that denies any objective ground of truth and especially of moral truths
2: a doctrine or belief that conditions in the social organization are so bad as to make destruction desirable for its own sake independent of any constructive program or possibility

If you've ever happened to read his blog, NegativeNeil, you will understand immediately why both of these monikers are so appropriate.

"We believe in nothing, Lambert. Nothing!"

God Damn America.

Thank you, Cleveland!

3 comments:

  1. OK!

    Premise A - I'm no Glambert but I like Adam
    Premise B - I'm no Neilist but I like Neil

    Conclusion - I am not what I like, I like what I'm not, I dislike what I am, I am what I dislike?
    WTF????!!!
    :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes two of you:-)

    ReplyDelete