Friday, September 10, 2010

Well, There Is A Recession Going On...

Conversation I just had with a co-worker on the way to the candy store:

Me: "Could I borrow a quarter?"
Cheap Bastard: "I don't have a quarter."
Me: "You have a 20 dollar bill."
Cheap Bastard: "But that's not a quarter."
Me: "But when you get change for your 20 dollar bill, you can lend me a quarter."
Cheap Bastard: "But I don't have to give you a quarter."
Me: "But it would be nice of you to let me borrow a quarter, to help out a friend."
Cheap Bastard: "But I don't owe it to you."
Me: "But you could still lend it to me."
Cheap Bastard: "Will you pay me back?"
Me: "IT'S A QUARTER."
Cheap Bastard: "A quarter of a DOLLAR is what it is."
Me: "Jesus Christ, forget it. Twizzlers are not worth this conversation."
Cheap Bastard: "Well, you know we don't make a lot of money..."

Well, that is a persuasive argument...

2 comments:

  1. I would have given you two quarters. That is why I would never survive in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You altruist chicken!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete