Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lame Claims To Fame: Volume III

My sister works for a theater organization, and as such, she has taken calls from certain recognizable talents. Consummate professional that she is, she then usually excitedly relays the details of the interaction to this pop-culture-obsessed sibling of hers via text message. Some recent celeb connections of which I have been informed include Adam Lambert's mom and one of the beauty queens from The Amazing Race. Somewhat above them in the hierarchy are my two favorite encounters of her career thus far: Wallace Shawn and Ernie Hudson, perhaps better known as Vizzini from The Princess Bride and Winston from Ghostbusters. I was disappointed to learn, however, that she hadn't somehow been able to work "Inconceivable!" or "The black one was the best Ghostbuster!" into her respective conversations with them. But she did manage to mention how awesome The Crow was to Mr. Hudson, so respect must be paid.

On a similar note, I once worked as a receptionist for a cheesy German dance-remix record label/music distribution company whose American headquarters were inexplicably located in West Babylon, ideally situated just down the block from the dump, where I was lucky enough to once answer a phone call from Eric Nies of Real World 1 and MTV's The Grind fame.

Try not to be jealous.

6 comments:

  1. I don't text it to everybody I know, just to those who would appreciate it...ie, you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shhh -- creative license! :) I'll change it for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You didn't mention your blog encounter with my famous persona...

    ReplyDelete
  4. An obvious oversight. What are you famous for? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No fucking idea!....
    My idiotic comments to your posts, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. For defending my virtue to one unworthy of my affection on Twitter. Much appreciated. :)

    You know, he's also wrong -- I've dated someone 11 years my junior before. It can happen. ;)

    ReplyDelete