Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lowest Common Denominator

Given:
T & B = brother and sister
S & L = sisters
S & J = dating
S & B = teammates

S & J invite T & B to a party, where T & B meet L.
S & J break up.
AS THIS IS HAPPENING:
S, L & T are hanging out at another party.
B & J are in her car ON THE WAY TO THE SAME PARTY.
T & L start dating.
B & J start "dating."
B & J split up.
T & L get married.
::
(SJ + T + B + L) + S/J = (S + L + T) + (B + J) = (TL + BJ) + B/J = TL

I like to call this "mathe-mismatch-ics."

13 comments:

  1. OK!
    I"l be back in 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it's not a real equation. Don't sweat it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why? You should've let TCHC try her math skills! bahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, S is one person -- L's sister and J's ex-gf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damnit, I cannot follow this, lol. Maybe I'll try again on a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One thing is clear:

    TL = married couple

    ::All the rest are happier people :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a hard time following it myself, and it's my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gist of it is this couple we knew from roller derby broke up over the phone while the girlfriend was with my brother and the boyfriend was with me at the exact time that we were all on our way to the same place, then after the dust settled, my brother ended up married to the girlfriend's sister. We're still not sure how it all happened, really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. J's married now too, but he's a dirtbag, so we don't care if he's unhappy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHA!
    I already messed up with your sister... now your brother?
    Not expecting a dinner invitation from your family any time soon.

    :-/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn. I'm late to the party. I got out my notebook, I got out my pen, I was making all these notes and then I just had to look ahead. S+L+B+J+T-SJ-BJ=TL+TCHC=too fucking late. boohah. THIS was a brilliant post. I loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How conveniently late...TCHC! ;-)

    ReplyDelete