Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dream A Little Dream...Again

Tonight, I will be seeing Christopher Nolan's Inception...for the third time in 2 weeks.

Who says I have an addictive personality?

Seriously, this movie has become an obsession. I can not stop thinking or talking about it. It's almost as if...

***SPOILERS!***

...the movie itself is an inception that someone was hired to plant in my brain. Or maybe the movie doesn't even exist and we're all just projections of Christpoher Nolan's subconscious! GOOD GOD, HELP ME! I CAN'T MAKE IT STOP!!!

If anyone who hasn't seen it yet has been reading my Twitter feed of late, despite the numerous "SPOILER!" tags I've employed, they either hate me for ruining the whole thing for them, or they REALLY have no idea what's going on. As Roger Ebert put it, you could give away the ending and it still wouldn't make any sense unless you understood how it got to that point. I tried explaining this to a friend who was adamant that I not reveal anything to him that even if I did, it would sound like: "When Leo went up the stairs, did Ellen Page's character release the chicken, or was it Valentine's Day?"

He didn't believe me, and yelled at me for mentioning the chicken, even though there really was no chicken and the chicken was completely hypothetical. Then he yelled at me for giving away that there was no chicken.

No chickens were harmed in the making of this film. Or this post.

2 comments:

  1. NOT READING THIS! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank God for that, because that would have been a problem.

    ReplyDelete