Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Faithful

Long Island was hit yesterday with MONSOONAGEDDON 2010!!!, during which power was lost, trees were uprooted, basements were flooded and substantial property damage was sustained (fence posts and aluminum siding in particular prove to make excellent projectiles). And yet, just proving my point that roller derby fans are some of the craziest people on Earth, the Long Island Roller Rebels' season opener against the Jersey Shore Roller Girls was still sold out. You go, grrrls!

7 comments:

  1. So who won. I wondered what happened to you. Not in a stalker-like way, though. I leave that up to Dalia. Takes a lot of pressure off me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm a proud stalker! :)

    So much time without Becca? There are 3 possible reasons:

    A - Becca's favorite team lost.
    B - Becca decided to go to Church.
    C - Becca's favorite team lost, & then decided to go to Church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We lost by 2 in the final 2 minutes of the game, but it was an AMAZING bout. I was sitting rinkside and got crashed into twice. I am still hoarse from screaming. And I am now the proud owner of an official Long Island Roller Rebels cowbell.

    A - I don't get many opportunities to go online when I'm visiting home.
    B - If I ever decide, uncoerced and of my own volition, to go to church, please check to make sure I'm still taking my medication.
    C - The loss doesn't matter so much as the opportunity to dress up like a punk-goth hooker and strut around in front of a crowd. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dressing up like a punk-goth hooker and strutting around in front of a crowd? Yes, it is awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Livin' the life I can only dream of having. So. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well glad you made it out of there alive! And with a bell. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete