Saturday, February 27, 2010

Helter Shelter

You know how most people lay in provisions when they hear a giant storm is coming? Well, just to prove to all of you out there (by which I mean, all 6 of you who actually read my daily nonsense) that I march to the beat of a different (by which I mean, stupid) drum, allow me to elucidate for you the exact contents currently contained in my kitchen:

Refrigerator
half a loaf of whole wheat bread
salad dressing
one slice of leftover pizza
spinach artichoke hummus (unopened)
butter
half-empty jar of tomato sauce

Cupboards
half-empty box of cereal
about a third of a box of whole wheat spaghetti
one can of peas
parmesan cheese
olive oil (empty)
honey
half-eaten jar of peanut butter
oregano

Given the possibility of an impending weather emergency, I'm sure there's a way to make at least a weekend's worth of nutritious meals out of all that, no...?

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely-the spaghetti would go with the hummus, the salad dressing, or the tomato sauce. The bread could be used to make pizza toast, peanut butter sandwiches, or hummus sandwiches. The hummus could be eating my itself, as could the peas. Rationing is the key. Don't get stoned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant eaten by itself. Sounds like I'm recommending the hummus eat me. With a foreign accent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Spinach artichoke hummus"
    Now what the hell is that?
    I live in the hummus country, you know... :-/

    TCHC, that foreign accent would be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hummus with spinach and artichoke in it. What's not to understand? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ironic question.... D U H ! :)

    That hummus recipe is one of many US inventions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, we Americanize a lot of ethnic/foreign foods and then pass them off as authentic. Like spring rolls. And olive avacado pizza. What the hell is that?

    ReplyDelete