Thursday, February 18, 2010

Screw It!

More on-the-job raunch!!! (I never tire of this stuff. I'm such a child.):

"NUM-III-7944.2 Rotating Shafts. Rotating shafts shall be supported by anti-friction, lubricated or self-lubricated bushings. All sliding surfaces shall be lubricated."

"These elements shall have stiffnesses that are an order of magnitude higher than the stiffest member."

"Provision shall be made to guard against load jamming."

"The valve shall be guarded to minimize the entrance of foreign objects."

"Describe all components that contribute significantly to the stiffness."

"(a) Full Penetration
(b) Partial Penetration"

"NB-4660: Electroslag Welds" ["Electroslag" would make a great band name...]

"(1) Shaft Bushings"

"Section 3: Fungus Protection"

"Fig. NB-3545-1: Model For Determining Secondary Stress In Valve Crotch Region"

"finger probe"

"body entrapment"

"submerged suction outlets"

"nozzles joined by full penetration butt welds"

And finally, not dirty but made me giggle:

"...grooving towards the center of the drum."

5 comments:

  1. That's hilarious. What does it mean? You don't work for Hustler, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite. I work for a mechanical engineering organization. I'm sure none of it means what I think it means, my mind's just perpetually in the gutter. Keeps me entertained while I'm editing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And me, too. Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and you called me dirty girl? :))

    LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a good laugh, thanks!

    ReplyDelete